Refrigerant management for a sustainable future.
Many buildings contain Carrier equipment that have years of reliable, efficient service ahead that utilize ozone-depleting refrigerants. Carrier Commercial Service offers refrigerant conversion to retrofit existing equipment with alternative refrigerant that are readily available, cost-effective and environmentally preferred. Additionally, our Refrigerant Destruction & Reclamation Program can help your organizations with end-of-life refrigerant plan, supporting your environmental strategy.
We can help with all your refrigerant needs from lifecycle management to separation and destruction.
Refrigerant Conversion ProgramWe offer a refrigerant conversion to meet your R-22 conversion needs. Carrier proactively started conversions in response to first refrigerant phase-outs more than 20 years ago. Carrier’s R-22 conversion program is an engineered retrofit, available only through Carrier Commercial Service and is performed by certified Carrier technicians with factory training on the chiller types involved.
How can Carrier’s R-22 refrigerant conversion program provide value to you?
- An alternative solution for existing R-22 equipment
- Possible LEED® accreditation (30-series water-cooled chillers can contribute to LEED® points)
- A custom-engineered, tested and proven retrofit
- Conversions performed by certified Carrier technicians
- A tangible commitment to provide corporate- and community-based environmental solutions
Carrier’s R-22 refrigerant conversion program applies to:
The following Carrier equipment is eligible for a refrigerant conversion with DuPont™ ISCEON® MO99™ refrigerant (R-438A):
- Water-cooled 30HK/HR/HW chillers
- Air-cooled 30GA/GB/GN/GT chillers
Refrigerant Destruction & Reclamation Program
Proper refrigerant destruction is a critical act for companies with a mandate to lead the world to a sustainable future. It positions your organization as a leader with a forward-looking environmental strategy, and accelerates your broader sustainability objectives.
We can help you transform end-of-life refrigerant management into environmental leadership. To provide the most secure, accountable and sustainable end-of-life refrigerant management services, Carrier can assist you with end-of-life refrigerant management. Now, CFC-11, CFC-12, CFC-113, CFC-114, CFC-115, CFC-500 refrigerants, eligible CFC blends and other Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) can all be destroyed in a controlled, effective and accountable manner. Appropriate destruction ensures that these chemicals will not escape, be re-used or continue to threaten our environment.
How can Carrier’s refrigerant destruction program provide value to you?
- Help eliminate uncertainty of CFC refrigerant price
- Proper destruction ensures refrigerants will not be re-used
- Secure, accountable and sustainable options for end-of-life refrigerant management
- Potential LEED® credit
Carrier’s refrigerant destruction program applies to:
- HVAC equipment with CFC-11, CFC-12, CFC-113, CFC-114, CFC-115, CFC-500 refrigerants, eligible CFC blends and other Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS).
Our professional Consulting Engineers are available for support on building analysis, energy studies and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) engineering design projects.
Ensuring your equipment's peak performance and longevity dictates a commitment to preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance programs.
We help provide you with a of mind by providing timely maintenance and avoid unnecessary downtown on HVAC equipment.